Phi Alpha Kappa Omega Honor Society
|1. To promote humanitarian goals and ideals, a closer academic, emotional, and social support network among honor society students in the field of social work who have attained excellence in scholarship.
2. To foster high standards of educational achievement for social work students who through academic achievement accept the challenge to serve and to assist students to build a professional identity as a Social Worker.
3. To invite into membership social work students, faculty, and practitioners who have attained excellence in academic and achievement in social work.
4. To promote interaction among social work students, university administration, faculty, social work practitioners, community, and social service agencies.
5. To establish and implement recruitment of students who have attained excellence in scholarship into the social work program and involve honor society social work students in the administration of the Social Work Program.
6. To establish and sponsor special campus and community oriented fundraising activities and projects on a regular basis.
7. To make it possible for honor students in social work to attend seminars and workshops pertinent to community and social services in the advancement of the Social Work Profession.
8. To support and uphold the values and high standards of educational achievement and scholarship set by the National chapter of Phi Alpha Honor Society.
9. To support and uphold the values and ethics of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW).
Charter expiration date September 2013
Click here to return to the List of Chartered Student Organizations.