The Great Conversation On Campus
|1. Provides the opportunity for NMSU students to engage in passionate, civil, respectful discussion about important issues that affect their lives.
2. Is a dialogue that reflects the best in students' communication practices and strengthens their capacity for rational conflict resolution.
3. Students will recognize and honor their common ground, as well as their diversity and contrasts.
4. They will choose communication, collaboration and cooperation in conflict resolution.
5. They will practice conscious compassion rather than condemnation.
6. The GCOC creates a community setting where everyone has a voice and everyone is heard so that through open and respectful communication, new and valuable relationships that expand far beyond the confines of the conversation are established.
Charter expiration date September 2013
Click here to return to the List of Chartered Student Organizations.